Monday, August 2, 2010

Linen House -- A Great Place to Stay

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Linen House Hostel. Of all weekends to stay in Belfast, I chose the weekend of the Gay Pride, so the place was packed. I shared a room with 19 other people, but I did manage to get a great night's sleep, even though some were loud and snored through the night.

I can't remember the last time I slept with so many people -- this goes back to my enlisted days in the Navy aboard the USS Francis Hammond (FF-1067)

I have to admit, some people had bad body odor and they made noise late at night, but nothing could beat the price: 10 pounds per night. The bed was comfy, the showers were warm and the WiFi was strong.

The location in Belfast cannot be beat, since it is only 5 mins from the new Victoria Square Mall and a leisurely 10-min walk to the City Centre.

I found both Sarah and Leonard very helpful and hospitable.  They even let me stay there for a few hours to upload video after I had checked out.

The WiFi was great and I stayed up late uploading 4 videos, often in the living room where a lot of the backpackers congregated through the night.  It was nice meeting them, although they were loud.  It was good ambience.







The lovely, state-of-the-art Victoria Square Mall


Overall, it was a fantastic bargain and a great stay.

It wasn't the plushest, but it was definitely the nicest.

And even a week later, I still communicate with Sarah -- they are definitely very friendly, hospitable and professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment